2 CFS Custom Farmers Screen
- Location: Dee, Oregon
- Basin: Hood
- Owner: Aldrich Ditch Company
- Partners: Bonneville Power Administration, Specialty Metal Fab, Doug Adams Excavation
- Funding: Farmers Irrigation District, Aldridge Ditch Company, FCA, and Bonneville Power Administration
- Installation Date: Summer 2005
This Farmers Screen project addresses the following issues:
This Farmers Screen also screens water for fire hydrants in the area.
This Farmers Screen installation replaced an existing non-criteria screen.
• Very heavy load of leaves and woody debris.
• Flashy stream.
This Farmers Screen installation replaced an existing non-criteria screen. The intake features a small rock weir that directs water into a head-gate structure with a slide-gate. At the head-gate, the diverted water enters a 300 foot pipeline that delivers water to the screen structure.
The Farmers Screen at this site typically draws 1 CFS of water into the irrigation system. The screened water enters a pipeline that delivers water to orchards and other agricultural uses in Dee, Oregon.
The cleaning water returns to Tony Creek via an open natural channel.